Teaching Improvement Office
The Teaching Improvement Office is an organizational unit of Bydgoszcz University of Science and Technology. In the organizational structure of the University, they report to the Vice-Rector for Education and Student Affairs and function as part of the Professional Education Department. The Head of the Professional Education Department is responsible for the office’s work. The Teaching Improvement Office aims to support, develop and disseminate activities to improve education in first- and second-cycle studies as part of the Doctoral School, postgraduate studies and other forms of education at the University of Science and Technology. The office cooperates with all Bydgoszcz University of Science and Technology organizational units.
The tasks of the Teaching Improvement Office include:
- integrating the academic community around the issues of ensuring the highest quality of education at the University;
- organizing cooperation within the academic community for didactic excellence;
- initiating, implementing and supporting activities in the field of continuous improvement of the quality and modernization of education and development of didactic excellence at the University;
- dissemination and promotion of the best teaching practices in the context of global model solutions and the achievement by the University of the assumptions of the target model of education process management;
- diagnosing the needs of academic teachers, the constant development of their competences and monitoring the effects of didactic improvement.
The Teaching Improvement Office will provide support for academic teachers in the field of:
- activities aimed at the development of tools and methods of tertiary education teaching;
- exchange of good domestic and/or foreign practices in the field of improving didactics;
- research into general and subject didactics (including distance learning methodology) and the dissemination of their results to improve the quality of education;
- initiating the creation of teams supporting general or subject didactics in a practical or theoretical dimension.
The Office was established during the implementation of the Doskonałość dydaktyczna uczelni [Didactic excellence of the University] project under the Operational Program Knowledge Education Development co-financed by the European Social Fund. This project aims to improve the University’s institutional capacity and the didactic competence of the university staff, aimed at improving the quality of education. The implementation of the project is to contribute to the implementation of reforms at the University in the field of, e.g. didactic process management, education quality management, as well as the development of teaching, teaching and research staff and supporting staff. The project’s aim at the Bydgoszcz University of Science and Technology is, among others, to support organizational changes and improve the competences of teaching staff. The Doskonałość dydaktyczna uczelni project is addressed to academic teachers who want to improve their didactic competences and staff supporting the education process in increasing managerial and soft skills. Project implementation period: 01/07/2022 - 30/09/2023.