We are happy to announce several months of work by the Management Board of the "Development of UTaLS" Foundation on changing its name has ended. From January 20, 2023, the official name is the Pischinger Foundation.
Since the creation of Bydgoszcz University of Science and Technology, it has been one of the tasks that fit into the new image of our University. The name change took place per the wishes of its creator, the Rector of Bydgoszcz University of Science and Technology, prof. dr. hab. inż. Marek Adamski. Further, he is also the initiator and originator of the new name. The idea was to honour the memory of the first Rector of our University, Professor Ernest Pischinger.
At the same time, we would like to emphasize that Urszula Łempicka, the daughter of the late Professor Pischinger, agreed to name the Foundation after her father. Once again, we thank you.
There have also been changes in the Foundation’s statute. The main goal is to take action to develop science and education at Bydgoszcz University of Science and Technology, emphasizing supporting broadly understood student activities.
- Michał Grzybowski, President of the Board
- Katarzyna Nowakowska, Vice-President, member of the Board
- Izabela Fagasińska, finance and accounting specialist, Board member
Foundation Supervisory Board:
- Marcin Janczylik, Chairperson
- Małgorzata Gotowska, member
- Łukasz Skowroński, member
- Szymon Różanski, member
Following the statute of the Foundation, the primary goal of its activity is to act for the development of science and education at Bydgoszcz University of Science and Technology. This goal can be achieved by:
- promotion of scientific, academic and creative achievements,
- supporting the development of scientific, academic, and research staff,
- organizing symposiums, conferences, seminars, exhibitions, and training sessions,
- conducting and supporting publishing, information and library activities,
- supporting student activities (culture, sports),
- activities in the field of professional pre-orientation and cooperation with graduates and their associations,
- supporting University investments, including equipment purchases.
As a non-profit organization, the Foundation can act as a supplier for contracts without a tender.
The Foundation offers assistance in implementing any ideas related to obtaining effects for the University’s development (e.g. applications for projects offered by the Town Hall, Marshal’s Office, etc.). Donations from private individuals, associations and institutional and business sponsors increase the Foundation’s assets, which are entirely intended for the Foundation’s statutory activities.